18 Nov

HRK 186 million provided for the development of management plans for Natura 2000 sites

first_imgYesterday in Krka National Park, a meeting was held between the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Energy and the directors of all 8 national parks in Croatia, at which an agreement was signed on cooperation between the Ministry and national parks in implementing the Natura 2000 ecological network management framework.Through the project “Development of a framework for the management of the Natura 2000 ecological network”. HRK 186.497.150 was provided, of which 85% of EU funds from the Operational Program Competitiveness and Cohesion, while the remaining 15% of the amount was provided in the Fund for Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency. Cooperation agreements have been signed with 8 national parks, and will subsequently be signed with 11 nature parks, 23 county and local public institutions for protected natural areas and Hrvatske vode. Areas of all our national parks and nature parks are also part of Natura 2000 sites, and within the project, management plans for Natura 2000 sites will be developed.In terms of biodiversity, Croatia is at the very top of Europe, while under the European ecological network Natura 2000 is almost a third of the territory of Croatia, ie 36% of the land area and 16% of the coastal sea. You can view the map and data on the Natura 2000 ecological network herelast_img read more

24 Dec

Women’s Basketball Hosts First Official Practice Of 2016-17 Season

first_imgThe Drake University women’s basketball team hosted its first official practice of the 2016-17 season on Wednesday, Oct. 10 morning in the Knapp Center. The Bulldogs host Winona State Nov. 1 in their first exhibition game and open the regular season Nov. 11 at North Dakota. After practice, Drake’s seniors Caitlin Ingle, Cortni Rush and Lizzy Wendell talked about the first practice, the newcomers on the team and how benefitical the team’s trip to Italy over the summer was. Print Friendly Versionlast_img read more