Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Construction worker Kelvin James of Costello Housing Scheme, East La Penitence Georgetown was on Wednesday relieved of an 8-pennyweight gold ring by two armed men in the vicinity of Thomas Street, Georgetown.The 37-year-old had reportedly gone to visit a friend at Thomas Street at about 21:45h. He had parked his motorcycle at the side of the road and had walked onto his friend’s bridge, where they sat and talked. Suddenly they were confronted by the two armed men, one of whom reportedly held James at gunpoint and demanded that he hand over the ring and key to his motorcycle.When he refused to comply, the men forcefully took away the items and left, but James raised an alarm and the Police were summoned. According to the victim, one of the suspects is known as Spanner.Although the Police invested some time in combing the area, they came up empty handed, but they have taken statements, and investigations are ongoing.
Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade 1 Leyton Orient have rejected an approach from Championship strugglers Cardiff City to sign O’s boss Russell Slade.The Bluebirds have been without a manager since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer left the hotseat last week.Slade, 53, emerged as a surprise favourite to fill the vacant position, but the League One side revealed on Monday evening that they refused the Welsh outfit’s advances.A club statement read: “On Friday morning we were contacted by a lawyer close to Cardiff City and Russell Slade, who asked us to give permission for Cardiff to talk to Russell.“That evening Russell asked the club for permission to talk to Cardiff. On Saturday the general manager of Cardiff approached us in order to again ask permission to talk to Russell.“In all cases, we denied Cardiff the permission and we did not authorise Russell to talk to Cardiff.”Slade, who met with Orient owner Francesco Becchetti regarding his own position last week, has been in charge at Brisbane Road since 2010 and on Saturday said he was “proud” to be linked with Cardiff.
0Shares0000Cristiano Ronaldo turns his focus to Juventus’ treble bid after losing out in the FIFA best player award. © AFP / Filippo MONTEFORTEMILAN, Italy, Sep 25 – Cristiano Ronaldo turns his focus back to Juventus’s quest for a treble this season on Wednesday after losing out in the FIFA’s best player of the year award.Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo skipped the awards ceremony in London on Monday as his former Real Madrid teammate Luka Modric beat him for the award. The 33-year-old Portuguese star also lost out to Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah for the Puskas Award for the best goal.He had been nominated for his superb overhead bicycle kick for Real Madrid against Juventus in last season’s Champions League quarter-final, which even drew a standing ovation from Juventus supporters in Turin.Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri had backed Ronaldo — who has scored three goals in his last two league games — for the award, as he led the way in the Champions League with 15 goals to help Real to a third straight title.“With no offence to Luka Modric, I’d give the Ballon d’Or to Ronaldo for what he did last season. I think he deserves it,” said Allegri.The Italian champions face a heavy week in Turin with three games in their Allianz Stadium in the space of seven days.After Wednesday’s game against 18th-placed Bologna, who shocked Roma 2-0 at the weekend, Juventus play Carlo Ancelotti’s Napoli in a top-of-the table clash on Saturday.Juventus have had a perfect start to the season with five wins and 15 points — three points ahead of Napoli.Allegri’s side also play Swiss club Young Boys in the Champions League a week on Tuesday, a game which Ronaldo will miss after his controversial sending off against Valencia in Spain.– Roma crisis –Carlo Ancelotti’s Napoli are three points behind Juventus. © AFP / Alberto PIZZOLINapoli host promoted Parma, before their trip to Turin, with an eye on their Champions League game against Liverpool in Naples.“We won there (Juventus) last season and still finished second,” said Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne.“If we don’t win the midweek game with Parma, then the result with Juve is irrelevant, so we have to take it one at a time.”Under-pressure Roma host promoted Frosinone looking for a boost after slipping to 14th with their weekend defeat in Bologna.Coach Eusebio Di Francesco has reportedly been given a week to save his job, starting against the newcomers from outside Rome, before the city derby against Lazio at the weekend.Frosinone are second from the bottom of the table with 12 goals conceded, including two to Juventus last weekend.“At the end of the year when the points are counted the matches like the one in Frosinone you don’t remember immediately, but you know how important they were,” said Allegri.Roma then host Czech club Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League next week, having lost their opener to holders Real Madrid.Meanwhile, Inter Milan face a tough task against Fiorentina in the San Siro Tuesday with coach Luciano Spalletti serving a touchline ban for his over-exuberant goal celebration against Sampdoria.Inter have been struggling but their last-gasp win against the Genoa side followed their come-from-behind 2-1 win in the Champions League against Tottenham.Spalletti’s side travel to the Netherlands to play PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League next week.Fiorentina are third in the table five points adrift of Juventus, with Inter in ninth.Fixtures:TuesdayInter Milan v Fiorentina (10pm)WednesdayUdinese v Lazio (8pm), Cagliari v Sampdoria, Genoa v Chievo, Juventus v Bologna, Napoli v Parma, Roma v Frosinone, Atalanta v Torino (all 10pm)ThursdaySPAL v Sassuolo (8pm), Empoli v AC Milan (10pm)0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
MET Eireann has issued a snow and ice warning for Co Donegal.There have been some snow showers in Milford, Newtowncunningham, Lifford and on the back Errigal road.The Yellow Status warning also applies for Cavan, Monaghan, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo “Occasional showers of sleet and snow are expected overnight and early Tuesday morning in Ulster and parts of Connacht and Kerry. Possible accumulations of 1 to 3cm below 250m with icy stretches also,” says Met Eireann.Valid:Monday 18 November 2013 18:00 to Tuesday 19 November 2013 10:00.Donegal County Council, Gardai and AA RoadWatch have all warned motorists to slow down, especially on untreated roads.Ice, including black ice, is likely to effect many inland areas. MET EIREANN ISSUES SNOW AND ICE WARNING FOR DONEGAL was last modified: November 18th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegal weather warningicesnow