A Noida police officer left “no stone unturned” to botch up investigation in a 2009 case of gangrape of a 24-year-old MBA student that has led to the acquittal of nine persons by a Delhi court on the grounds that the identity of the real culprits could not be proved.The court pulled up the police for not following proper procedure of law while investigating the matter and said no judicial Test Identification Parade (TIP) of the accused was conducted by the investigating officer (IO).The court held that the IO had left “no stone unturned for making this case impossible to be proved” and directed Noida Senior Superintendent of Police to take appropriate action against IO, inspector Anil Samaniya, for his improper probe in the case.“These factors clearly show that due to the negligent, casual and unprofessional investigation conducted by the IO, real culprits of the case could not be identified/arrested or subjected to administration of justice,” Additional Sessions Judge Shail Jain said, adding that this was “a classic case” of botched up investigation by the IO.However, the judge was all praise for Special Public Prosecutor Neelam Narang, saying she provided valuable, substantial and useful help in explaining the lengthy case in a summarised manner.
Sporadic incidents of violence took place in several parts of West Bengal since polling started on Sunday morning in seven civic bodies, including five municipalities, one municipal corporation and one Notified Area that is a settlement area in transition from rural to urban. While Opposition parties alleged that ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) cadre were behind the violence, the TMC leadership denied the allegations. Till 7.15 p.m. 77.3% votes were polled. However, this figure is likely to increase as some voters were still in queue. Polls are being held for the Durgapur Municipal Corporation in Paschim Bardhaman district, Dhupguri Municipality in Jalpaiguri district, Buniadpur Municipality in South Dinajpur district, Nalhati Municipality in Birbhum district, Haldia and Panskura Municipalities in the Purba Medinipur district, and the Coopers’ Camp Notified Area in Nadia district. Apart from these, by-polls are being held for one ward in the Jhargram Municipality of Jhargram district, and one ward in the Champdani Municipality of Hooghly district. Most of the incidents of violence took place in the Durgapur Municipal Corporation (DMC) area in Paschim Bardhaman district. Two police personnel were allegedly assaulted and a rifle was snatched by miscreants in the Kada Road area in Durgapur. A polling booth was also vandalised. In the afternoon, bombs were hurled near a polling booth in Ward Number 13 in the Main Gate area.“Two personnel were assaulted and are severely injured. We have got information that there were some people [involved in the incident] who were Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) supporters. The rifle has been recovered,” said a senior official of the Assansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate. He added that no one has been arrested so far.
A little over a month ago, CEO Doug Manoni informed staffers that he intended to step down and transition to executive chairman after eight years at the company helm. Minna RheeSourceMedia’s chief product and audience officer, Minna Rhee, has left the company after four-and-a-half years, a company spokeswoman confirmed to Folio:.Rhee joined SourceMedia late in 2103 as chief digital officer, at the time a new role created amid the company’s ambitious and subsequently well-documented digital expansion.She served for a time as chief digital and marketing officer, overseeing initiatives like the company’s relaunch of its digital platforms under a unified CMS before shifting to chief product and audience officer, her most recent title, around the time Matt Yorke was brought in from IDG as chief marketing officer, in January 2017.Representatives for SourceMedia didn’t go into detail on the circumstances surrounding Rhee’s departure, and Rhee declined to comment, but her name and title appear to have been removed from SourceMedia’s corporate homepage as well as the mastheads of its various brands, including The American Banker and Financial Planning, at some point over the last three weeks.
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Fun on the Fourth begins on Friday, June 29 at the Town Common!Friday’s ScheduleThe schedule, courtesy of the Fourth of July Committee’s website, is below:Dinner6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Rotary Club, $8 (BBQ – Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Cookies, Lemonade, Water)Entertainment5:00 PM – 10:00 PM Carnival7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Performance by “Brandy!” (sponsored by Rotary)Events6:00 PM Horseshoes (First Round) (Participants must sign a Consent Form. Under 18 signed by a parent.)6:00 PM 3 on 3 Basketball – Age Categories: [16 & 17 (6:00 PM)]; [18 & up (6:30 PM)]; [40 & over (7:00 PM)]6:30 PM Road Race (Participants must sign a Consent Form. Under 18 must be signed by a parent.)7:30 PM Blueberry Pie Eating Contest (Participants must sign a Release of Liability Form. Under 18 signed by a parent.)What’s Next?The rest of this year’s Fun on the Fourth schedule can be found HERE.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedFUN ON THE FOURTH: What To Expect On Wednesday, July 3In “Community”FUN ON THE FOURTH: What To Expect On Thursday, July 4In “Community”FUN ON THE FOURTH: What To Expect On Friday, July 5In “Community”
Share your voice GIF by Leslie Katz/CNET A new music video folds Steve Jobs and classic Macs into a song that makes hard drives and hotspots a lot more suggestive than they’re probably meant to be. “You know I got that Macintosh where you want it, so take your hard drive back me up on it,” rhymes Psycho Flower MC from the group Xia Xia Technique (X.X.T.), dressed in a black turtleneck, 501 jeans, New Balance shoes and wire rim glasses. “You can use my hotspot. I’m your Wi-Fi wifey type. Like it when you pinch and swipe.” Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean it Post a comment Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 0 Music Steve Jobs Apple Apple • Tags reading • Steve Jobs gets weird in new music video about a ‘technobondage dream’ The video also features David Dastmalchian, one of a small number of actors who’ve been in films and shows based on comic books from both Marvel and DC: Ant-Man, The Dark Knight and TV shows like Gotham and The Flash. In the video, Dastmalchian plays a “technobondage dream” Psycho Flower MC creates with a program on her old computer. He rises from a stretcher in the same signature Jobs getup Psycho Flower MC wears and at first seems like a scientific success. Then an old-school neon-green error message flashes on screen and he starts bumping into walls, tries to bash his inventor over the head with a keyboard and ties her up with computer cables. All ends well, however, as the computer detects empathy in Psycho Flower MC’s Frankenjobs creation. Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? See All
Comment 2:16 Now playing: Watch this: Internet Services Tech Industry Ralph Breaks the Internet is a fantastic sequel that… Share your voice Tags Tim Berners-Lee offers words of hope for the web’s 30th birthday. Peter Macdiarmid / Getty Images The web is turning 30 on Tuesday, but its creator, Tim Berners-Lee, is already looking ahead to the next 30 years.In his annual letter on the web’s birthday, Berners-Lee spent less time reflecting on how the web has developed over the past three decades and instead expressed optimism about what can be achieved in the next three.”Given how much the web has changed in the past 30 years, it would be defeatist and unimaginative to assume that the web as we know it can’t be changed for the better in the next 30,” he said. “If we give up on building a better web now, then the web will not have failed us. We will have failed the web.”It was March 12, 1989, when Berners-Lee, who was working at the nuclear research organization CERN, published the description of “a universal linked information system” to help academics from across the globe run a complicated particle accelerator. Since that day, the web has evolved to allow billions around the world to connect to the internet, and with each other. If we give up on building a better web now, then the web will not have failed us. We will have failed the web. Tim Berners-Lee 1 But like many a 30-year-old, the web still has some growing up to do. In his letter, Berners-Lee identified three specific sources of dysfunction: deliberate misuse (state-sponsored hacking, criminal behavior and harassment), system design flaws that allow people to earn money by spreading misinformation and clickbait, and unintended consequences of benevolent design that enable outrage and polarized discourse.And yet he remains upbeat about our combined ability to quash these threats — if we focus and don’t get distracted by individual problems.”You can’t just blame one government, one social network or the human spirit,” he said. “Simplistic narratives risk exhausting our energy as we chase the symptoms of these problems instead of focusing on their root causes.”Berners-Lee reiterated the opportunity he sees for citizens, companies and governments to all commit and be held accountable for establishing principles to govern the web, which he first described at the Web Summit in Lisbon in November when he launched his “Contract for the Web.”The discussion about what the contract will contain is ongoing — he encourages anyone to contribute — and will yield a result “later this year,” he said. Berners-Lee warned against it being a list of “quick fixes,” saying it needs instead to be a process.”It must be clear enough to act as a guiding star for the way forward but flexible enough to adapt to the rapid pace of change in technology,” he said. “It’s our journey from digital adolescence to a more mature, responsible and inclusive future.” Tim Berners-Lee
Finance minister AMA Muhith on Thursday proposed in the 2018-19 budget surcharge on individuals who own two motor cars or house property with an aggregate area of 8,000 square feet in any city corporation.The existing rates of surcharge will remain unchanged, according to the minister’s proposal.He proposed a minimum surcharge of Tk 3,000, where net wealth of an individual exceeds Tk 22.5 million and a minimum surcharge of Tk 5,000 for individuals who have a net wealth exceeding Tk 100 million.He also said 2.5 per cent surcharge on the manufacturers of cigarette, bidi, zarda, gul and other tobacco products will remain unchanged.